15 June, 2013

When good news is front page news

To discover and tell stories about Hidden Hamilton, people need to know what I am looking for. What better opportunity to reach people than an article in The Post - the independent local newspaper that reaches upwards of 140,000 households?


After my interview with Post journalist Amelia Parrott, I expected a few paragraphs tucked away inside the next edition. When the story of my blog appeared as the front page feature, I was shocked! Then it dawned on me that my small local effort must be really welcomed.


That was confirmed in the steady stream of phone calls and emails I have received all week. From older people who have never touched the internet, to those for whom it is a second home – the response has been amazing.


Thank you to everyone who has contacted me. I feel very privileged that you have come to me with your stories. They will be treated with the care and respect they deserve.








No comments: